Over the next 10 years, several social, technological, political and economic forces will reshape the business and lifestyle patterns of society in the United States. Below are the top 11 trends:
- Social: Women will make up more than 45% of the American workforce by 2025
- Health and Wellness: By 2030, more than 50% of the American population will be obese
- Political: Hispanics are expected to represent 40% of the growth in eligible voters between 2012-2030
- Industry: Manufacturing will be the largest industry in 2025, with more than $6 trillion in output
- Urbanization: The metro areas currently ranked as the most business friendly are not the ones with the largest populations
- Infrastructure: High speed rail development in the US faces a $1.5 trillion budget gap
- Education: Total enrollment of collecge students is projected to increase to 24 million by 2021
- Mobility: New York, Boston, San Francisco and Chicago lead the US in modern transportation options
- Energy: Natural gas will have replaced coal as the main source of electricity in the United States by 2035
- Connectivity: 5G will increase data speeds ten fold by 2025
- Smart: The connected kitchen will contribute 15% in savings in the food and beverages industry 2020
As Millennials age into management roles and government positions, they will wield significant influence on the American community. Consequently, organizations will re-prioritize competitive dimensions in order to adapt to changing customer dynamics.
In spite of several challenges such as mounting student debts and aging infrastructure, the evolution of smart cities, advances in security technology and new jobs created by automation will revive the American dream.
Sapan Agarwal | email@example.com | +603 6204 5830